Northeast Iowa Montessori Head of School (Decorah, IA)
Northeast Iowa Montessori (NEIM) is seeking qualified candidates for the 30-hour per week position of Head of School. NEIM is a non-profit Montessori School founded in 2004 that currently serves students ranging in ages 3-6 years old. The school is a vibrant community, providing a child-centered environment for learning. The parents, staff, and Board of Directors encourage independence, respect to self and others, critical thinking, and a responsibility to the world around us.
Northeast Iowa Montessori School provides a nurturing environment that cultivates each child's intellectual and creative potential while instilling a sense of individual and global responsibility. NEIM directly follows the philosophy, principles and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Minimum of a bachelor degree or related experience equivalent, with knowledge of Montessori education strongly recommended. Administrative/management experience in an educational setting with demonstrated leadership ability preferred. Potential candidates will need to meet DHS state guidelines.
- The Head of School will be responsible for the administrative and financial success of all school programs, functions and activities. This includes maintaining enrollment, securing grants, and supporting fundraising activities.
- Ensures that the school is in compliance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Oversee the daily operations of the school, including but not limited to budgetary and other financial issues, managing and developing all personnel, and collaborating with guides in achieving goals regarding curriculum.
- Positively represent NEIM and Montessori education in the community.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to reach NEIM's goals through a cultivation of open communication and common purpose.
Visit our website at http://neim.us/
Send cover letter and resume by June 30th to:
NEIM, 418 West Water Street, Decorah, IA 52101
ATTN: Adam Specht, Board President
Serious inquiries only please.